Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Super (embarassing) Hero Night

Get ready...here is my novel, A few weeks ago I went to Chick-fil-a. I received a flyer that looks like this... I love getting free things so I was all over that "dress like a super hero and get a kids meal". I told Kolby all about it. He was so excited and helped me make these ghetto capes. Did I mention that I was sporting a pillow-case cape of my own? Perhaps I really should leave that detail out. I drove to Chick-fil-a down the street. I sat in the parking lot not seeing anyone else dressed up. OH well. I want free food. The teen behind the counter says, "oh cute..., what can I get you?" I soon find out that this particular Chick-fil-a is not participating in a free night. My pits are kinda sweaty. I quickly hide my head in shame and scurry off to the car. Kolby says, "oh we have to go to a different one? ok" Olivia screams her head off thinking "The food was right there! I could smell it! Why am I going back to the dreaded car seat?" I drive the 20 minutes to the other location. I remove my own cape because my pride can only handle so much in one night, and bring my 2 super heros inside. The teen once again says, "oh how cute... what can I get for you?" I say, "I got a flyer about a super hero night here." She says, "Sorry that was last week...today is the Balloon Lady and next week is dress like a princess" Needless to say....I was humilated, wasted gas money, paraded my children around in pillow cases, and ended up paying full price for our meals! When I called my hubby he laughed and said he was glad he wasn't with me. Oh well. My kids never knew the difference. They know their mom is a freak so if they gotta wear a cape to get some chicken nuggets they don't really care. I laughed really hard. I passed up so much time that it wasn't so bad being alone on the weekend:)

9 comments:

Tracy and Micah said...

YOU ARE MY FAVORITE!! I started laughing at this so hard that I almost choked on my water. And I also want to say, the only reason why I laugh is cause I would have done the same thing.. In fact I remember a time I was right there with you in a lizard costume in the middle of Borders one summer.. too bad we didn't get any free food for that either..

The Powells said...

that is too funny. I love hearing about other peoples embarrassing moments, it makes me not feel so bad for my own!

Jami Black said...

I love reading your blog-you are hilarious! Your kids are lucky to have such a fun and adventurous mom!

The Smith Family said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! you totally made my day with that story!! I wanna see a pic of you with your cape on! Too funny!

Kylee said...

That is awesome! The things we do for our kids/free food, I tell ya. I am glad that there are other people that do embarrassing things. The capes were adorable though, maybe you can use them for Halloween or something else!

The Mach's said...

LOVE IT! Next time give me a call and I'll go with yiu, cape and all--that way everyone else will be embarrassed they are NOT dressed up!

Lindsey and Brett said...

I love this post so much because that is totally something that would happen to me. :)

Stef said...

how funny and sad at the same time! I usually forget or our one chick-fil-a here in town dosen't participate in them. cute super heros though!

Jessica said...

i was cracking up!! you are so funny, I can only imagine...love it.