Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Birthday Weekend

Daniel turned the big 2-8 on saturday! Happy birthday baby!!! (why am I just now posting you may ask??? two reasons...i'm pretty slow in my now old age and also my camera decided to turn purple once again and so i had me sis-in-law e-mail me pics...she's not a blogger so thinks my obession with pics and documentation is slightly annoying...can't say i blame her) My crazy hubby decided there's nothing better to do on one's birthday than run a 5K. He won 1st place again (3rd year in a row) this time pushing the kiddos in the double. Then we went to his xc team's fundraiser and he road one of these babies...I forgot what they're called...oh no i really am old! He picked out some sweet shoes at Fleet Feet, took a fabulous nap,and then we went to Movie under the Stars here in the nieghorhood. We brought a pizza and enjoyed The Wizard of Oz on a blanket with the fam. The next day was my b-day. I went to church. Ha j/k. I really did go to church but then we had cake and ice cream with family. I have the fortunate blessing to have a b-day right in between my hubby and my bro-in-law. You'd think I couldn't celebrate my b-day early or late but I seem to find my way around these things. Yesterday daniel grilled some yummy steaks and he spoiled me with my favorite chocolate milk and candy. My real birthday present is another weekend get-a-way with a few friends to Time Out for Women in San Antonio this friday. Happy Birthday to me!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy bday to both of you!!

The Mach's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YA'LL! You guys are getting OLD!!! Just wait til 30 hits, then you won't be smiling so much :( I HATE 30! And did Daniel really win the race pushing BOTH kids??? SHOW OFF!!! Really Congrats!

Lindsey said...

First: Congrats on #1...while pushing children, I feel a Oprah Special coming one....
Second: Happy big 28 Daniel. Seriously, that is OLD my friend.
Third: Happy big 26 Sabs....Do you realize that if you turn those numbers around it says 62??? Interesting. I love my 72 days of glory....70 left. Crap.
Fourth: Your first picture on your blog...of the family is DARLING!! Miss Libby looks SOOO much like her darling mother!
Fifth....I miss you. If you can't tell.

Frasure Family said...

Happy Birthday! I forgot that Daniel's was the day before! Have fun on your getaway!

Dani said...

Happy Birthday! Feel free to stop by if you have time while you're in San Antonio. No pressure though.

Megan said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! It sounds like you had great birthdays! Way to go Daniel for running the 5k with your two kiddos. Have fun at Time Out For Women Sabrina!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Lindsey and Brett said...

Happy birthday to you both of you! And that's seriously awesome that Daniel not only completed the 5k but he came in first while pushing the kids! Holy crap! And what is this movie under the stars business? That's such a cute idea. I wish we had that here...

Jamie Smith said...

Fun birthday! Well, I'm glad you popped on over to see the hottie! That's seriously all we know about him. I don't know where he's from or even if he goes to church - just HE's HOTT!!!

I love the quote you have about deciding to be a Mom! So true!

Also, I'm glad you are an annoying picture taker too. Ever since blogging entered my life I have taken picture taking to a whole new level!!!