Thursday, October 2, 2008

"I wanna play school"

After my preschool-major-sister came to visit I was feeling like a slacker mama. I just didn't feel like I had any structure as far as what I teach kolby. Kolby missed the cut off line for preschool this year but i thought it was time for maybe a pre-preschool:) I started looking for cute ideas and activities online to do with kolby and olivia. At first all I found were curriculums you had to buy or things that looked way too time consuming. Then I came across this baby... http://www.letteroftheweek.com/Preparatory.html and fell in love. Its so awesome! The kids and I have sooo much fun and it only takes about 20 minutes a day! Kolby is always telling me "I wanna play school". He sits in this little red chair and even raises his hand:) Since I graduated in elementary education, I truly couldn't be more pleased! I remember "playing school" with my sister when I was little and now years later I get to reenact my favorite childhood game:) Olivia even gets excited about the songs and books. You just teach one concept a day (vocab,shape/color, number, letter, poem) and read a book, sing a song, and do an activity that relates to the theme/concept. Its so short, simple, and sweet. Here's a few pics of our learning boards (minus friday's...). Check it out if you wanna play school too.

4 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

How cool are you?! I love it!

Stef said...

i love this idea. Ethan need something. out here they have to be 3 by october and since he's not 3 till january he has to wait a whole year longer and he's so ready to be doing something!

Stephanie said...

So thanks for this post, you've totally made me think I'm the slacker mom now. What time do you want me to send Carson over for school? ha.ha.ha. No seriously what time and days. I'm going to check out that website. Will Kolby and Carson be in kinder together?? How cute would that be. You are the best mom - even if you did nothing.

Frasure Family said...

What I great website. I love preschool, let me know if you need any ideas. (although I am sure brit could too)