Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Doggie Days

Over the past year we've made a few doggie friends. The first was Bruce, a 90 lbs boxer, who stayed with us for a month and was basically the most well behaved kanine I've ever met. Second was Muffy the toy poodle who stayed a few weeks and was more afraid of kolby than he was of her. Then Raschenka, the Great Dane, whom kolby thinks is hillarious and olivia is terrified of, came to play for a week. And the newest doggie is....Mickey, the child-loving mut:) We met "Mickey Blue Eyes" (actually only one eye is blue) last january when we went to visit daniel's parents in Aruba. They'll be moving back soon so Mickey flew on over. The kids are pretty much obsessed with the poor dog but he is so gentle with them. We've lost a few cups since kolby insists that Mickey is thirsty and Mickey proceeds to makes sure the cup is dead. I never had a dog as a kid, (despite my "pick me" pictures of beagles on the fridge), so hopefully with all this dog sitting my kids will not be deprived, as far as dogs go anyway.

6 comments:

Texasholly said...

Mickey! He is amazing with the kids, isn't he? I love how Olivia gets so excited about him. I'll have to bring Ellie over for another playdate and we can just let Mickey watch the kids for us.

Amber said...

So great that your kids can have fun with dogs, but that you don't have to keep them. I love our dog, but MAN!, dogs are just so much work sometimes and ours sheds- which I dispise and then you have to go outside and clean up after them too!
I do love our dog though and she's great with our kids too... but I think we should have had kids first then getting a dog :)

The Aprecios said...

Hooray for Australian Shepherds!! Arent they the greatest dogs! He sure is good looking, and its always a good idea to get your kids animal socialized early on so that they dont have fears later in life.

Have fun!

The Aprecios said...

Hooray for Australian Shepherds!! Arent they the greatest dogs! He sure is good looking, and its always a good idea to get your kids animal socialized early on so that they dont have fears later in life.

Have fun!

Lindsey said...

ohh how sweet!! I am so glad that you are no longer depriving your children:) Kolby called me the other day and was wondering if you guys could move to Utah....so sweet:)

Lindsey said...

no I am not lying about your child.....My friends call me Lucy:)