Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Case of the Grumps

Saturday we decided to spend some "quality" family time together and visit a state park here with wild alligators. Perhaps I should preface that we all stayed up til midnight (even kolby) and there were no naps to be had. Because of a nameless Walgreens employee who cannot seem to fill ink cartrigdes but doesn't mind taking my money, we could not print off our handy-dandy mapquest directions. We thought we'd wing it. Its a state park for crying out loud. Turns out we got horribly lost in the middle of no where, the kids were screaming their heads off and we were pressed for time. Daniel and I decided we needed to install an eject button under each of the carseats for future car-ride-tantrums. After finally making it to the park no one was in the mood for pics, thus the photoless post. We walked around and the beautiful weather seemed to lift all our spirits. Then we saw a mama gator with her 20 babies just two feet away from us. No gates. No signs. Nothing. It was very cool but somewhat odd to think that they let people get so close to such a dangerous creature. Wish I took my camera. If any of you were cool enough to come visit me I'd take you there....provided that you refrain from screaming while in the car.

7 comments:

Ben and Summer said...

Holy cow, that is so scary! I can't believe you ran into a gator - I would have had nightmare's for a week. Too bad about the screaming...I can relate...

Jessica Kettle said...

oh geez. That would scare me! Well, I sorta feel like sticking this blog up your nose right now because IIIIII am going to be in Seattle from June 6 to June 16. What the mother?! Can you come THEN??!! I have to go at that time because I have am shooting Cody Shill's wedding the 14th. I am inviting you to reschedule your trip. For me. And no, I don't think I am being selfish.

Jessica Kettle said...

Pretty please? I even busted out "stick this up your nose" to help you remember how much you love me.

Dianna said...

ok, so i got your message and i tried to go to that website and nothing. so i just went to beautipage and tried to type her in as a consultant and nothing. so i scrolled through all the consultants in texas and found nothing. you having any better luck?

The Smith Family said...

OH my!! I think I would pee my pants!!

Dianna said...

I can't guarantee no screaming from me :), but next time I want to go see!

Lindsey said...

20 babies....seriously those gators need some talkin too....glad you didn't die. Who would I talk too?