Monday, April 7, 2008

Beautiful Sunday!

After yesterday, I decided that we should have General Conference more than just twice a year. Let's face it, sitting through church with two small kids is not the most uplifting experiece. Between nursing, changing bums, sharing snacks, reading books, and walking the halls, daniel and i couldn't really remember the last time we heard an entire sacrament meeting. This weekend was a pleasant change. We let the kids play and color quietly while we sat next to each other and listened to the Prophet and Apostles from the comfort of our playroom. When the kids got fussy we just put them down for a nap and i could actually take notes without little fingers stealing my paper or pen. I'm sure all you young mamas really appreciated Elder Ballard's talk as much as I did. It was so wonderful to have no responsibilities and to just listen. I felt relaxed, uplifted and spiritually fed. Pure heaven! As an added bonus, the weather was gorgeous and we took a family drive out to the wild flowers and blue bonnets for some adorable family photos. Wish you could smell through photos. mmmmmmm....enjoy:)

13 comments:

Ben, Erin and Tyson Sweetwood said...

You guys are so cute you should be on a postcard!

Lindsey said...

Ohh my sweet goodness...that picture of little miss sis is darling!! I love her little teeth!! I love texas blue bonnents...Never actually had the joy and pleasure of holding one on my own...but I hear that are fantastic!! Sorry I missed your call today...I'm a jerk. Call you tomorrow:)
PS...conference wasn't the same without you...I miss sleeping side by side with you as we listen to the talks....opps.

Sachiyo said...

oh man i totally miss the blue bonnets! i'm so jealous...of the weather and the flowers. one day i'll be there...soon.sac

The Powells said...

Sabrina, your kids are so cute. I mean C-U-T-E. I'm glad that I'm not the only one letting my sons hair be slightly longer. I think it's because i'm married to a military "high and tight" haircut (man) but he keeps trying to convince me that Tysons hair needs to see some clippers. I don't think so. Baby's hair is supposed to grow out and be cute right?! RIGHT! I love your kids.

Dani said...

I'm not sure if Mat got back to you but we're moving to San Antonio! We should be moving end of June/begining of July. We still haven't gotten an apartment so we need to figure that out first. I hear there in a great waterpark and Sea World in/near San Antonio. We'll have to get together. And once the little ones learn how to play with others they can play together.

Texasholly said...

Ohhh, those pics turned out great! I love them. And I love that Olivia is wearing that dress!

Dianna said...

I agree with you about General Conference. We put Kinleigh down for most of the first session! You guys are too cute in your pictures. When are you and Daniel going to take a family vacation to come visit me?!? I want to see my niece and nephew (and you and Daniel of course!)

Jessica said...

did you set your camera on a timer and do that?? I am seriously cursed when it comes to family pictures, which is the reason i don't have any! maybe soon! you guys are such a cute little family! and wait till you have conference and kolby doesn't take naps...then you have to try and entertain him all day while you listen, which doesn't quite work the same =)

Frasure Family said...

the flowers are so pretty. Oh yes Elder Ballard's was my favorite. It was what I needed to hear.

Kylee said...

What beautiful flowers and the kids are even cuter! Glad you were able to have a break and be spiritually uplifted. I know what that is like!

Amber said...

Way cute! I totally agree with you about Conference and the joy of listening to a whole talk without interuption! I too loved Elder Ballard's talk- what a great way to end the weekend with such a mommy booster!
Love the pictures- we need to do some updated ones too!

Jenni said...

such precious pictures. I love relaxing sundays!!! I'm jealous that you are in a place where there are flowers and fields that you could even take such cute pictures like that.

Stef said...

beautiful pictures and of course beautiful children! they are too dang cute!