Friday, February 3, 2012

Flyin' Solo

As "solo" as flying alone with 3 children is I suppose...

Wednesday night the kiddos and I boarded this plane. No, we were not heading for Disneyland. Although, with the Disney soundtrack blaring and Disney coloring books and pilot wings being passed out, it kinda felt like it. Part way through the flight while I was changing a poopy bum in lavatory with turbulence and cutting off Naomi's running laps up the aisle to 1st class I was beginning to realize that this was definitely not the happiest place on earth. There was one saintly Alaskan fisher boat woman (not sure if the title would be fisherman or fisher woman? hmm I don't know..I digress) who made it her personal mission to help me out. Although I felt grateful, it is possible for people to be overly friendly and when I'm stressed I kinda just like to stay in my little survival-mode bubble.

Then I looked out the window as we were landing and saw this...

Turns out I kinda think
Seattle is the most magical place on earth.
Kick'n it with the folks for a week and couldn't be happier, even in Disneyland:)

7 comments:

Jeff and Kira said...

You are so brave to fly alone with 3 kids! I guess it's worth it when you're going to see family! Have fun!

Lindsey said...

You flew over me and didn't drop by??? I am so sad I couldn't sneak up there. I realized yesterday that u were there... And wanted to cry. I miss my bestie!!! Have a fab time. Kiss your parents for me!!!!MISS YOU! On your way home...stop in slc. U won't regret it

Julie Barnes said...

Wow! You are amazing!

robandkayla said...

Have fun! I agree with Kira.. you are so brave flying solo! :)

Jessica said...

So it's possible to survive that kind of a flight with all three kids? I mean you're alive right? Hehe. Glad you can make it and enjoy the fam! We would love to have you if you ever found yourself bored, but from experience, I know that doesn't ever happen when you're relaxing and enjoying family, but the offer's out there if you're ever left in the house with nothing to do!

the other lawton's said...

Glad you are back "home" with us! Can't wait to hear of all the adventures...and wow, nice pic!

Stephanie said...

Even if it does rain there all the time, it is still magical :o) You can stick your tongue out at me next time you see me :o)