Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My secret vice

I decided to start running for the first time in my life.
I went from never-ever -ever running more than 1 mile to running 3 miles 3 times a week.
I'm on week 8 now.
My professional-runner-hubby wrote me a program.
I follow it "loosely" heehee.
Honestly I hate running. I'm always happy when its over.
Honestly I hate when everyone finds out I'm not a runner and looks at me like why would your husband want to marry you. (Yes, this actually happens)
Honestly I'm extremely intimidated by every freakn' in-law that runs marathons and triathlons. I really don't want them to see me or my times ever!
Honestly here are the reasons I run:
1. I can no longer afford the gym I went to 2 years ago
2. I haven't exercised in 2 years and thought I should probably be able to climb my stairs while hold a sleeping child without feeling like I'm gonna die.
3. I wanted to prove to myself and others that it was possible.
4. The best reason: I absolutely love the completely guilt-free alone time it guarantees me.
One strange thing... I refuse to run with actual runners. My run is no longer a stress reliever if I gotta stress over my pace being too slow or my breathing being too hard or if my form is crappy. Trust me I live with a runner. I know how their little minds work.
Ok and perhaps the strangest thing of all...
Honestly I have a secret vice that helps me run.
So I don't run with people. I ran with some jack rabbits in AZ, some frogs in TX, but the one person I absolutely MUST run with?

What can I say?

Eminem makes me feel invincible.

Who knew?

NO worries mom, its fully edited.

Have any secret vices in your life?

7 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

haha I have been waiting for this post! You make me feel so lazy though...I need to be more like you...maybe I would listen to Bieber...am I too old for that?

Sabs said...

Haha no way! You're never too old for beiber. My current mix includes mj, beiber, and of course eminem. I've got the weirdest taste

Lindsey said...

IF I were crazy enough to run...I'd run with M&M's too...

The peanut ones are practically a chore to eat with all the protein they provide...

The coconut ones are basically fat free because they are made with real 100% fruit.

The mint ones freshen my breath...

The almond ones...speak for themselves with all the nutrients that they provide..

and when i'm feeling really sassy..i'd run with the peanut butter. I'm such a rebel.

Lindsey and Brett said...

BA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! Hilarious! I love it. Way to go, Sabrina. I'm not a fan of running either. Maybe I can do it too. I might need a copy of this program you do...

Lindsey and Brett said...

Oh and as far as a secret vice goes... I can't help but love a good cheesy teen or young adult novel. :)

Texasholly said...

I ran in my new shoes this morning! Music makes running so much better. Looking forward to our first 5K!

Abby said...

Hahahaha those dang fast runnin Lawtons! And I feel ya on the Eminem! I too must have some hardcore music to get me going! You should be proud, I feel like I'm being awesome for just Walking a couple miles, much less running!