Monday, August 22, 2011

Letting Go

9 months of morning sickness
5 months of colic
13 months of waking every 2hrs for a feeding
18 months of walking the halls at church
3 months of potty training
Who knew the hardest thing would be letting you go?
Kolby's first day of kindergarten.
He could harldy contain his excitement!
I could hardly contain my sense of loss.
8:10-3:10 never felt so long.
I held it together pretty well.
Figured I'd cried myself to sleep enough the last 3 months.
I put on my brave face.
Until I wrote this post that is...
dang it.
lump in the throat.
Oh motherhood, you are constantly schooling me.

6 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

oh you made me tear up! He looks all grown up. Love the editing by the way:) You are such a good momma. I'm sure you will get used to it. I can't wait to hear all about his 1st day!

Dani said...

OH man, What a big boy! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to secretly spy on James during his first day of school. Or I could just hook a webcam to his lunch box and position it strategically.

Texasholly said...

He looks so cute! I think of Kolby and Ellie in their overalls at the piano or having a toddler pool party and it makes me want to cry seeing these back to school pics!

Unknown said...

He is so cute!

Word of warning - I cried harder for my last than my first.

Crying harder now about Brakston getting married - I can relate to your sense of loss.

The Patterson's said...

I bawled as soon as I got home. It was horrible. I absolutely loathe that someone else gets more time with Ethan than I do! I miss him! He loves it of course but Blake and I are going through withdrawals. I feel your pain!

Abby said...

Awwwwwwww. I'm missing my Maddox too.
Go eat lunch with Kolby and I'll keep the little ones for you so y'all can have Mommy & me lunch date.