Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Big Girl

Dear Olivia,
Today is your real birthday. You are finally 3! You've been talking about the day you'd turn 3 ever since Kolby started preschool. Thank heavens we celebrated you birthday early this year so you could have the proper attention before your sister came.
As i got you ready for church today i couldn't help but think how much you've aged in just the past few weeks.
The day we brought Naomi home you informed me that you were a big girl and would no longer sleep in your crib or wear diapers at night. We of course couldn't say no to such a determined spirit. The next night daddy was putting laundry away in your room and you told him that you didn't want anyone to come into your room. We didn't expect this attitude for at least a few more years:)
Now that you're 3:
you can spell your name (sign language)
you sing your own origional songs,
you twirl in circles in your fav dresses,
you dance to any beat,
you accessorize with purses and make-up,
you ride your big girl bike
you are a big sister
you can still beat up your big brother
and
You truly are my big girl now!
Happy Birthday "ya-ya"
love,
mom

5 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

yeah, happy birthday!

Megan said...

She is so pretty. Happy Birthday Olivia!

The Patterson's said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! You are so beautiful, talented, and funny. You're growing up so fast! Slow down or I'll see a teenager next time I come visit.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Olivia... and Happy Birthday Naomi too!!!! those are the cutes pics of your two girls!!! how sweet....

Naomi is beautiful... and I LOVE her headband!!


Congrats Sabrina!!

P.S. way to be tough, during such a rough birth experience... you are my hero.

The Aprecios said...

Ok, so long but funny comment. irst off I knew you were preggo, but I didnt know you were THAT pregnant. So, I didnt know that you had had your baby yet. So Im scrolling though those first pics of Olivia, and I see her with her doll. then I see her standing in front of the hospital bed with what I think is her doll again and I think, wow. What a set up she has for her dolly...Then I realize its your new baby. Kind of funny, but I was seriously wondering why you would have that bassinet for a plastic doll. :)

Ok, anyway. CONGRATS! Your children are all so cute, and your new little one is no exception.