Friday, March 27, 2009

Teeth Week

Say AAAAAAWWWWWWW
Thanks to some sweet ideas from my sis Brittany and also my friend Stephanie, oh and the fact that my bro-in-law is a dentist....Teeth week was a success!
We used a white board to discuss brushing in a circular motion.
(Sorry Britt, I'm too cheap to laminate).
Kolby said he needed a drill too.
Kolby drew some teeth too. So Cute! We took a "field trip" to the dentist. Kolby was slightly scared at first. He wanted to make sure it wouldn't hurt. But once he was in the chair he was sooooo good! I couldn't help but giggle when he bit down on the explorer:) He laughed too when the air blew on him he said it tickled. I'm really not very good at making sure he brushes perfectly or flosses so I was holding my breath but he was cavity free!!! Hooray!
When I introduced the vocab word, I said, "What do we call the person who takes care of our teeth?" Kolby yelled, "Mark!" (that's his uncle's name).
Thanks Dr. Lawton! You're the coolest dentist ever!
Ah yes, and the craft? I saw this one at Stephanie's house. I just printed some images from google then used marshmallows for teeth. All you have to do is lick them to get them to stick. Of course my kiddos are probably getting cavities from all the left over marshmallows now:)

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Did you mention to the children that all dentists are evil, life sucking meanies??? I am scared to death of the dentist, and their crew. Maybe if I had a marshmellow coated poster, I wouldn't be so afraid.

Stephanie said...

That turned out so cute!! I bet the kids loved it. I'll have to make sure to pass on any other cute ideas for you...oh I just remembered a cute about a longhorn. Remember to ask me about it.

Ryan and Brittany said...

wow you are amazing! I love how the marshmallow mouths turned out :)

Dani said...

Wow, what a good mom!

Lindsey and Brett said...

Your lessons are so cute! One day when I have kids (yes, eventually I will have kids) I want to copy all your cute ideas. So keep them handy!

Kandis Smith said...

so cute! I love that you used the marshmallows for the teeth--too fun! Logan had his first dentist trip 6 months ago and the ladies at the office still talk about how good he did. Sounds like Kolby did AMAZING!!

Dianna said...

What a great idea. Once again I may have to copy you on this one ;)! Olivia's midde name is Sabine? Why did I not know this?

Jessica said...

love teeth week!!! you're a genuis =)

Darren and Brandi said...

Absolutely amazing! I can't wait until Cade is old enough to do stuff like that! You may have seen this already, but if not, I thought (in honor of teeth week and going to the dentist) you would enjoy this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs