Friday, March 6, 2009

The Cold Hard Truth

I just read my old roomie's post on being imperfect. Too add to her cause: to get people to stop being depressed after reading people's rose-colored blogs, I will provide my very own list, as if these imperfections weren't obvious already... *I have mold growing in my shower, I'm horrible at cleaning and basically can never seem to get the whole house clean all at once. * I'd rather keep buying new shower curtain liners than have to keep scrubbing them. *I haven't cooked a single meal this week, unless you count Top Roman or waffles *Sometimes I wish I could go to work *I pay for a gym membership but haven't been there for 3 weeks *I worry what other people think about me...all the time *I hold grudges * I taught kolby to push olivia back *I hardly ever answer my phone * It took me 3 hours this morning to fold my laundry, ya that's how much I've put it off, I still have to put it all away. Now that you all feel better about yourselves I feel the need to end my list before I feel too bad about my self:) Stop comparing yourself to other people's blog lives. Things aren't always perfect but it ok to document the things you love about your life...as well as the things you despise:)

9 comments:

Alix said...

HAHA! Sabrina!
The part where you said you taught Kolby to push Olivia back made me laugh so hard! I think that's funny... not an imperfection at all. You are seriously so awesome! And hilarious.

Unknown said...

OK, the kolby pushing Olivia thing....HEE-larios!! all in all I still think you an Maggie are the cutest moms ever... still pretty perfect to me!!

Texasholly said...

Whatever, you are still perfect :)

I don't think I should even DO a list like this because mine would go on and on forever.

And I totally count waffles!

Amber said...

Amen to your cause. We all have our problems, concerns or crappy times. Most of the time I just think... if it looks too good to be true...it probably is :)

I love your list by the way, it made me smile in agreement.

Cari Thomas French said...

Sabrina I love you! Ashley told me I had to come read your blog just for this post! BTW I still think you're perfect :-).
xoxo - Cari

Michelle said...

Sabrina--I have to confess, I complained to my mom the first time I saw your blog because you seem to have things put pretty well together, and Kolby can spell things like Shark. If I made a list...I don't think it would fit on a single blog post!

The Smith Family said...

This is fabulous!! Thank you for doing this--love knowing that everyone is like me. You have things more together than me girl! (love your new blog look!!)

Ryan and Brittany said...

oh my gosh you really are such a bad mom. thanks for making me feel better about myself. hehe just kidding.. secretly i want to be you!

~Amanda~ said...

I ♥ honest blog posts!!!
Thanks for your list! You're a great mom, a wonderful friend and an amazing person! Thanks!