Monday, May 7, 2012

Surgery


Here's my little mama just before surgery.
Olivia had tubes put in and tonsils and adenoids taken out this morning.
She failed multiple hearing tests due to the fluid in her ears and at least once a week wakes up coughing and vomiting and struggling to breathe.
I tell myself this over and over when I see the pain I signed my kid up for today.

She was super brave.
Minnie and Twilight Sparkle made the trip too.

When she woke up and saw me she stared crying. It seriously took all I had not to cry too.
She's snoozn off the drugs now but I have a feeln when she comes to, the whole excitement about Popsicles and ice cream will have lost its magic and she'll just need a whole lot of lovn'.


8 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

Awww my baby! I just want to hold her and squeeze her. Poor thing but it will be way better once she recovers! If only she realized how awesome pain killers are...if you have any extra... hehehe I love how minnie has a cap on her head too! Love you ya-ya! hugs and kisses.

Unknown said...

Luckily, at this age they usually recover pretty quickly (at least my kids did). Hope she feels better soon!

Jeff and Kira said...

So sad that you both have to go through this! But it sounds like a pretty miserable situation pre-surgery so I hope this helps and I hope she recovers quickly! She is adorable. And I love that Minnie has a hairnet too :)

Jeff and Kira said...

By the way, I should have said this earlier, but let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do. Seriously. I'd be happy to help!

Ashley and Dave said...

We did the whole tonsils and adnoids thing with Kins when she was almost three years. It wasnt fun and it was SO sad seeing her after surgery. It took us a good two weeks to get back to normal! Hopefully it is quicker for you!!

Don Blankenship said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Spinal Decompression Therapy, first approved by the FDA in 2001, has since evolved into a cost-effective treatment for herniated and degenerative spinal discs, and spinal stenosis; one of the major causes of back pain and neck pain. chiropractors yorba linda ca

Unknown said...

When SUPARTZ is injected directly to your joints, you will feel a relief from pain and other bad knee symptoms and can even bring your active lifestyle back. perimeter spine and rehabilitation center