Tuesday, October 4, 2011

3-2-1

In the last 2 months I've gone from 3 children at home to 2 children at home, and then today just 1.
It was all so sudden.
Today was Olivia's 1st day of preschool.
I certainly wasn't planning on being emotional about a 3 hr 3 days a week preschool but alas I find in motherhood that I am always emotional.
"Meet the Teacher"- your HS buddy Miss Sarah Monday Music Class First Day of Preschool
Dearest Olivia,
As a middle child myself, I feel your pain of sometimes getting less attention than you deserve. Truth be told sometimes the older brother and the baby get more of a fuss over things done for the first time or things done for the last time while you are just in between. It was for this reason that I chose to sign you up for music class on Mondays and then
your very own preschool at a huge high school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
I knew you'd love the attention and the fact that everything was so new. This morning you and your brother were bouncing off the walls with excitement. While I fixed your hair and claimed to have messed up you told me, "Don't worry mom, I always look like a beautiful princess. Except for when I have wild hair, then i look like Where the Wild THings Are".
You are my beautiful princess! While I'm so happy for you I can't help but be a wee sad thinking how our lazy mornings will be few and far between and that before I know it you'll be all grown up.
I love you my middle child!
-mama

2 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

Those pictures are so cute of Olivia in front of the school!! Simply lovely! Love her quote to hehe. Sabrina, Oh please about the middle child...we all know mom and dad love you most:)

Unknown said...

Olivia really is beautiful!