Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dang those brains!

Last Saturday we went to another pumpkin patch with Rosie and the girls
(even though Holly organized it she couldn't make it sniff sniff)
After watching the longest pig race of my life...we hopped on a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch. No strollers were allowed. This fact must be clear or none of the following will make since.
Here's how it went down:
With a 15lb baby in one arm and a 15 lb diaper bag in the other, I told my kiddos that they could only choose a pumpkin small enough to carry all by themselves through the field. After a few attempts and a few "ahhh my back!" s Olivia and the girls gave up and decided to buy a pumpkin at the grocery store with a shopping cart. Not Kolby though... Nope not those dang brains of his! He sticks his finger in the air like a lightbulb just went on in the middle of the pumpkin patch and decides to roll his ginormous pumpkin all the way back! It took forever but he was determined.
yes, i was outsmarted by my 5 year old (again).
He worked up a thirst and that night we all went to bed at 7:30.

2 comments:

Heather Curtis said...

I absolutely love the snow cone pic! Your kids are so cute! Thankfully Chris was with me at the pumpkin patch when we went because I'm a sucker and I probably would be crying while trying to carry Pryson, the diaper bag, the pumpkin, and keeping Korver from running away. I get myself in those situations far too often. Doesn't every mother? You are awesome. Thanks for your comment on my "Red Handed" post. I'm glad you don't think I'm a bad mother- sometimes I feel like it in those crazy moments.

Texasholly said...

Kolby is so dang smart! I ended up carrying Ellie's pumpkin all the way back to the farm because the ride was taking too long. I am sorry we couldn't go with y'all! Although, Ellie had fun, she has even more fun when cousins are involved (and I have more fun when SILs are involved)!