Friday, July 17, 2009

Miracles

My dad was sent home today after his second surgery. He had a few feet removed from his intestines. The Dr. said the large mass they found was 99% likely to be cancerous. After the lab tests, the Dr. "almost disappointed", told my parents it was not cancerous. They say they just can't explain it. . . But after traveling across the country and stopping by at family and friends' homes where prayers and fasting were offered, of course my family can explain it...it's a miracle! No chemo! No looking back. Thanks to everyone for your faith and support. Thanks to those sweet old ladies in my grandparent's small branch who put my dad's name on the prayer roll, thanks to my aunt in Germany for fasting each weekend, thanks to my in-laws, and neighbors and ward, thanks to my hubby for dropping everything to help with no complaints or martyrdom attitude. Mostly we thank thee Heavenly Father for giving us strength and comfort, love and hope. In a sometimes cruel and harsh world out there it is nice to be reminded that God is mindful of all His children, He hears our prayers. We just need the faith to wait for His answers.

6 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

amen sista! Maybe before I wrote mine I should have just waited for your post and copied and pasted it:) Love you... now come visit me please!

Stephanie said...

What a miracle!!! I'm so happy for your family! We need some prayers now for Cory's mom...she might have breast cancer. We won't really know more for a couple weeks. We are still here. I don't go to Utah until Wednesday. I'll see ya at church.

Jessica Kettle said...

no way! that is so amazing and i am so happy to hear the news. our parents are too young for this sort of thing. WE are too young for this sort of thing.

Megan said...

Yay for Miracles! I am so glad to hear that everything is going so well. Your family has been in our thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. Love you guys!!

Texasholly said...

What amazing news! First, the spot on the lungs being benign and then the huge growth in his colon...that is definitely a miracle!!!

Kylee said...

Awesome! That is so exciting for you and your family. Miracles really do still happen!