Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

i love love love christmas!!! its been so fun the last few weeks decorating the tree, dancing to christmas music and watching my favorite christmas classics. Perhaps its the season that brings out the joy in me but i can't help but feel so happy. We met with the Bishop last sunday just for tithing settlement and i started tearing up just thinking about how blessed I am. Daniel and I joke that Heavenly Father must know that we'd be snobs if we ever had money so He has blessed us with a lack of finances to keep us humble:) Its pretty obvious and easy to see all the things I don't have but I suddenly realized that I already have everything I always dreamed of having. I have a testimony of the Gospel, I have an amazing husband, two adorable children, and supportive friends and family. I'm sealed to my family FOREVER, my husband has a job that he loves, I get to play with my kiddos as much as I want to and we have health insurance. There was a time when I didn't think I could have any of these things. Really what more do i need? :) ok i'm not really that much of a saint i still have my list of wishes but i was just grateful for that moment to recognize how much I have, how much I can give, and how much i am loved. i usually don't get all personal-journalish and sappy but hey, its Christmas! For some random entertainment: I fit olivia's hair in a braid (or rat tail) Here's some pics of the kids decorating some cookies at my friend's house today. Olivia had no problem ditching her "lady-like" manners and joining in with all the boys:)

8 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

Good... now that I know you have everything you want... I don't have to give you your awesome Christmas present hehehe. Just kidding! I can't wait to be there soon. You didn't mention in there that you have the best sister ever:) I love you guys and thanks for the uplifting post. By the way, I can't believe how long Olivia's hair is!

Ashley and Dave said...

HIIIII!!! Have I commented on here yet? I dont know...anyways, How are ya?! You are adorable, like always and your kids are stinkin cute and old...geez...and well, your husband is pretty cute too ;) Ha. I cant believe that you live in Texas...dont you miss the snowy winters here, like yesterday when it was 6 degrees outside....Brrr. Anyways, Miss you and glad we can keep in touch now!

Lindsey said...

Seriously....the rat tail made my day. What a cutie!! Put her in a box and mail her to me...immediately.
Speaking of a box....I check for a life size box, with a big red bow...EVERY STINKIN DAY!! Where are you?

msweetwood said...

Sab,

I love the pics and your writings. The worlds smallest braid is something. I can't wait to see all of you in a few weeks!

Love dad

Stephanie said...

All right you grateful girl - thanks for sharing your thoughts. You are awesome. LOVE the pictures. We might want to teach Davis and Olivia proper eating manners before their first date. I guess we have some time. Thanks for coming over and having the funnest play date ever with us!!

Lindsey said...

Miss you....sniff sniff.

Lindsey and Brett said...

Sounds like you have a great outlook on life... and a pretty sweet life too. :) Sometimes it's hard to focus on all the things that you DO have and not what you DON'T have. I think it's just one of those "natural human" things.

The Bay A's said...

My daughter has the same brown and pink dress as yours!!! AWE! Sounds like you all had fun with Santa :) Hair is always a challenge for me with my daughter. have a great christmas!