Sunday, February 3, 2008

Legal at last

So for anyone who remembers a previous post about my driver's license expiring....I finally got it! After being up all night I went to the DPS office at 5:30am, waited in line out side in 40 degree weather for 2.5 hours, listened to a guy preaching from a step stool to all of us about repenting of our sins (we were a pretty captivated audience concidering we had to be waiting there in line and we were bored out of our minds, he even through in a fake million dollar bill to remind us that if we needed to pay a million dollar fine or go to prison Jesus would pay the million dollars for us... nothing like a little sermon at 7 in the morning), got an driving test appointment for an hour later, failed my parallel parking of course but managed to pass the rest seeing as I've been driving for mearly 10 years now. I'm pretty sure I'll look like a hideous beast in my pic but I am just relieved that I'll never have to do that again. Maybe ya'll should remind me to renew it next time:)

5 comments:

zippity-do-da said...

If you haven't learned your lesson now you never will. I was wanted by the law once for one ticket that I forgot about, got my licsence revoked and had to drive illegaly. It's not worth it! I'm glad your legal and hopefully a little more inspired, thankyou random preaching man, (not a bad idea- do the missionaries know?)

Lindsey said...

who really needs a license? you can bat the beautiful eyes of yours and get out of a ticket any day:) glad your legal. i was thinkin about turning you in.

Texasholly said...

Yay! I bet you will never let your license expire again, right?

Also, I love the pic of Kolby's eyes peeking above the counter at the cookies. Heehee!

Stef said...

congrats, should we all keep off the roads again? :)

Mike said...

Drive safe. Why were you up all night by the way? You have insomnia?