Monday, February 25, 2008

Just in case I forget....

I'm starting to grow accustomed to the funny little phrases that come out of kolby's mouth. SO much so that I'm afraid in a few months I'll forget. This post is then I suppose mostly for my own documenting but also for your own entertainment if you choose:) At his 2yr dr appointment I was asked if Kolby could say his name. I freaked out when I realized I'd never heard him say it. I kept asking him what his name was saying, "Kolby, what's your name?" He'd always hold up three fingers and say "two". Then one day he finally said Kolby and ever since then he always refers to himself in the third person: "Kolby's funny!" "KOlby had fun" "Kolby hit me" Other phrases from the past week that made me giggle: "Kolby read Book-of-Mormon-Stories-that-my-teacher-tells-to me" "Mommy, I wanna play pickleball" "Mommy you wanna drink? You thirsty?" "Holy Smokes! Look at that plane!" and of course the daily use of "Mr. Sabrina!!!!" What can I say? Having a toddler makes me laugh at the little things in life:)

7 comments:

Frasure Family said...

That is so cute! I can't wait for Mason to start talking, becuase they say the cutest things!!!

Jessica said...

Haha, this made me laugh. I LOVE to hear what toddler's have to say. Did you teach your kids how to play pickleball?? Well Dawson started the week out only peeing in the toilet but I changed up the treats to something he's never really had before and did 3 M&M's for pee and 5 M&M's for poop...that seemed to work that day, but we are still working on it. Yesterday I told him he was going to get a bummy rash if he kept going in his underwear...that seemed to scare him into going this morning on the toilet =) And now I'm sure everyone else that has read this is uplifted from hearing my son's triumphant bowel stories.

Texasholly said...

I love how all of his sentences tend to start with Kolby. Especially telling me all the things he did relating to monster trucks.
The Mr. Sabrina thing is freaking hilarious.

Kylee said...

Sabrina, that is adorable! I love hearing the sweet, innocent and very funny things that kids say!

Stef said...

too cute! i need to do the same, ethan seems to be changing so fast i'm going to start forgetting his goofy things too!

Jessica Kettle said...

WHAT??? He calls you Mr. Sabrina???? I did not know this. I am dying. YOu have GOT to expand on this topic! How frickin hillARIOUS!

Dianna said...

how adorable! I LOVE that Kolby talks in 3rd person- super cute.