Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Unfamiliar Road

Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave will is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home.

-Home by Phillip Phillips

I'm kinda obsessed with that song...post-Olympic-obsessed

This summer we made a huge change. Daniel switched careers. After 5 years of teaching high school chemistry and coaching cross country and track it was time to say goodbye.

We prayed and prayed and fasted and went to the temple to ask the Lord how we could make ends meet. Then Daniel got an offer as a safety manager just outside of Houston. We feel blessed to have been able to make such a smooth transition and we know that it's part of the Lord's plan for us but it certainly wasn't without some sorrow and sense of loss.

My husband is such a talented teacher and coach. Its his passion and I know he could've been happy doing it the rest of his life if only he didn't have to support a family too:) So, although I was dead set on him staying in education it kinda makes me love him all the more for making the sacrifice for us.

Goodbye lesson plans, meets, banquets, cards and speeches from students that make me tear up, holidays and summer road trips.

Hello 2 week vacations, 90 minute commutes, free weekends, and being able to continue to stay home with my babies.


This is what the hubs used to wear to work...


and now he'll be sport'n these
(the steal-toe boots, not the diaper)
 His first day of work was last Monday. 
He bought a new pair of jeans for the occasion. I told him not to dress up too nice considering he's working in a pipe yard. I didn't want the cowboy guys at work calling him "pretty boy".
Apparently Kolby was eavesdropping. Here's the card he left for dad that night...



"How was work handsome lover boy. Did you like it or not? Country music"

Here's to our next big adventure!



Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons

They fill you with fear

The trouble it might drag you down

If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home



2 comments:

Snedakers said...

Good luck on the new chapter. I'm sure it will be great! Enjoy all the extra quality time with Daniel!!

Abby said...

Oh how I love that Kolby! That note is hilarious!