Friday, July 6, 2012

A Day trip to Heaven- aka Vashon Island

10 years ago I decided to live on Vashon Island for a summer and get some Elementary Education credits with BYU-I. I hadn't been back since and I was just dying to show Daniel one of the most enchanting and meaningful places on earth to me.

If you're looking for a day trip to a little bit of Heaven on Earth then here's what you gotta do:

1. Fly to Seattle, Washington
2. Ask your momma to babysit your kiddos
3. Drive to Tacoma and take the Point Defiance Ferry to Vashon
4. Enjoy the picturesque view of mount Rainer and its reflection, say hello to the seals swimming alongside the ferryboat






5. Stop by Morningside Farms- once the campus for BYU-I students like me
Breath in the sweet meadow air and stroll in complete serenity amongst young fawns and wild rabbits.

6. Hike down to the private beach and wave to the kayaking neighbors.









7. Before you leave, lend a helping hand to the missionary couple attempting to keep up with acres and acres of maintenance.




 8. Get in your car and head north east to Point Robinson
Bring a sack lunch and kick back while the seals put on a playful show just for you.



 9. Cross your fingers and hope that you magically end up at the legendary, bicycle in the tree.
yes, this is what happens when you leave your toys in the forest...



 10. Hit up the local book shops and bakeries then head north to catch the ferry to Seattle.

11. Grab a bite at Buca Di Beppos then admire the art and architecture of city life and consider yourself blessed to be from the northwest!




12. Drive home, tuck your little ones in bed, and take a deep sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This place does look amazing! I now want to hop a flight to Seattle and follow your directions exactly (well, maybe I would actually take my kiddos with me)