Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mopping at Midnight

A few nights ago I was mopping at midnight. This led me to 2 epiphanies:

1. I live with absolute slobs.
2. Mopping leads to spirituality?

Allow me to explain #2, #1 should me obvious.

In the quiet peace of the night I contemplated my concerns for my children and whether they could understand the true meaning of Christmas when I wasn't sure I even did most of the time. While the tile and wood floors dried, I glanced up at the collection of homemade glittered Popsicle-stick ornaments and spotted beside them, an ornament my mother gave to me. It simply states, "The magic of Christmas is not in the presents but in His presence". At once I felt the true meaning of Christmas.

Perhaps His presence is just easier to feel in a calm, quiet, and freshly mopped home:) Although this is a rare condition in these parts, I'll gladly take what I can get. Mopping at midnight. Who knew?

2 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

Thanks for reminding me of what matters most. Love you sis!

Abby said...

It's so true. I think the state of my house often reflects what's going on in my mind. Crazy house= crazy me!
And I have that same Christmas sign, I love it!