Monday, December 12, 2011

5k and a Marathon Day

Saturday was a bit of a blur.
We squeezed in:
 8:00am- Setting up a vendor booth promoting the family running club
(I wrapped 7 cases of water bottles in gingerbread paper with a tag that read,
"Run, run as fast as you can... http://www.fairfieldarearunners.com/)
 9:00am- Cheering on family and friends at the 5k
(Cheryl, Jeremy, Di, Tyson, Mark, Daniel, Erwin)
Rosie and the girls also ran as well as a few other families from our ward.


 

 Aunt Lori, Holly and I manned the booth
and laughed at Naomi getting freaked out by the giant snow leopard


Daniel finished 1st!
I gotta admit I'm starting to kinda expect this:)

Dianna also won 1st (for the women)
Those talented siblings!


 10am- speed over to the rec center for Kolby's basketball game where he scored his first basket and I screamed like he'd just won a gold medal:)
What can I say, I'm a proud mama:) They won the game too!

12:00pm- head over the church to set up for the Ward Christmas Party
2:00pm- quickly change clothes in the restroom for our Christmas Piano Recital
(seriously couldn't be more proud of my students! Kinda wanna squeeze all of them to death!)

4:30pm- set up the technical stuff for the slide show at the Ward Christmas Party and race home to bathe the kiddos

6:00pm- Arrive back at church for the Ward Christmas Party.
The theme was A Night in Bethlehem.
The paper chain is from the primary kids. Each week they read their scriptures we added a link to the chain. It wrapped all the way around the gym and then some!
We also borrowed fabulous decorations to set up a market place. Each tent was a station for kids to make lanterns, play the dreidel game, and color. All the families ate the catered meal on blankets and listened to music and watched a slide show of all the primary kids dressed up to tell the nativity story. We've been working on it for weeks and I still get choked up seeing the children all dressed up:)
Daniel also surprised me with an early Christmas gift, a Nikon 3000. I'm lovn it but as you are about to see, I still have to figure out how to use it:) I tried to document as much of the party as I could so I could show my mom what words obviously cant describe.






Naomi and her crush:) They hug all the time. So sweet!









11:00pm- finish clean up, put kids to bed, send Daniel to grocery store only to realize he forgot his wallet. Crash in our filthy house:)

It was a marathon of a day but everything went so well and I was touched by how helpful family and friends are. I was especially glad for the sweet spirit felt at the Christmas party because we chose to just focus on the true meaning of Christmas.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!



5 comments:

Ashley and Dave said...

Of course Daniel won...it looks like in the "action shot" he is racing against all 10 yr old ;)

Texasholly said...

Such a busy day...you are super woman! Sorry, I missed the party. It sounds amazing. Oh, and we will have to use your fancy new camera for our photo session :)

Ryan and Brittany said...

Wow I kinda of just had a stress attack reading everything you did in one day! Everything looks amazing. Where did you get such a brilliant idea for the water bottles? Also the decor at your party is amazing. Wish I could've been there. And.... I want your AMAZING camera!

robandkayla said...

I went to comment on Brandie's blog and saw yours :) Yay! You had a crazy busy day!!! I'm so sad we missed the Christmas party... it looks like it was amazing!

Abby said...

I'm with Naomi- That Leopard is freaky!