Monday, March 21, 2011

Onomatopoeia

Don't you just love that word? I do. It's made me giggle since the 3rd grade. Of course spelling it on the other hand is no laughing matter.
I digress...
Out of sheer laziness I've chosen to capture the last 2 weeks with sounds.
Welcome to the sounds of spring break!
SnipSnip goodbye split ends!
Thump Thump I swallowed my pride and decided to start wearing my boot.
Bones can be buggars to heal.
Vroom Vroom
finally became a minivan mama!
So long having to buckle 3 carseats in the back seat!
Snap Snap
We visited gma and gpa Lawton in Beaumont.
They did not snap at us but the gators at Gator Country sure did:)
Ewe this one makes me cringe!
Look at that nasty snake eyeing my baby!
"Be gone long one!" This one is not real I promise mom.
"Quick Hands or No Hands"
CMT- Gator 911
Big Al.
Ok this pic is odd. I was trying to take a pic of these hick kids jumping in a pond of gators with their shirts off and squealing like it was Christmas morning. The mother managed to chat on her cell, push her stroller and nonchalantly grab an escaped gator by the tail and throw him back in the pond. I just so happened to be wearing lipstick and a cardigan so I felt highly out of place. I think I like visiting Gator Country more for the people watching than for the gators.
Splish splash, Crackle crackle, Munch munch
We went camping with friends and family at Sam Houston State Park and swam in Lake Conroe.
Just realized that I'm not in these pics. Perhaps that bc I didn't shower for a few days or perhaps its because all I did was sit and eat. It was grand.
Here's our white trash set up:
9 bikes, 1 exersaucer, 1 canoe
Naomi loved the 2 hour ride
(just kidding mother)
Haha more ghettoness-
our tiny tent too small for the airmattress:)
Homemade bows and arrows
dutch oven cooking= heaven!
(the panda bear is for a penpal...random i know)
Too cold for those toes!
there there little one
phew.
What a fun couple of weeks!
and now silence.
ahhhh.

13 comments:

the other lawton's said...

i love it all! missing spring break already...

Heather Curtis said...

I could hardly believe what you were saying about those gator people! What! They let their kids swim with gators and a mom grabbed one by the tail? AAAAAA!!!!!!! That is insane to me- I want to go there just for the people watching too now- at a far enough distance from the gators! And that man that is casually sitting on the grass next to Big Al. I practically peed my pants looking at it (partly post-pregnancy issues.. ha ha just kidding), but seriously! Sheesh!

Heather Curtis said...

Oh... and I love your hair!

Unknown said...

Your hair looks terrific!

Lindsey said...

1- Your hair looks sexy. I LOVE IT!
2- Nice Boot. I knew you could pull it off:)
3- I hate snakes. Your nuts.
4- A mini? I am so proud.
5- When did your kids get so big? Esp. miss Olivia. She's a little lady!
6- I wanna go camping with you.
7- Time for a new tent.
8- I love you and miss you. Like crazy.

kevin said...

AHHHWWW... How cute is that little baby!on this part
"Haha more ghettoness-
our tiny tent too small for the airmattress:)"
You should get a bigger tent for that princess.

msweetwood said...

I hold Daniel personally responsible for turning my daughter and grand children into rednecks. Sabrina, that is what you get when you marry someone from the south. Then again, I used to swim with wild alligators when I was young in Fl. Maybe, I'm partially to blame? :-(

Naomi's expression says it all regarding the snake.

Dad

Sabs said...

all blame always falls on the parents:)

-sabs

Abby said...

Hahaha I'm so proud of my hometown! Although I'd say Gator country is not an accurate portrayal of the majority of residents! LOL Next time you should eat the gators instead of watch them.

Dianna said...

I love your blog posts. So witty!
And I love the new hair!

Ryan and Brittany said...

Love the hair! Hate the snakes and alligators! Love that you are a total van mom! Hate camping....but maybe I should give it another shot! Love you!

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh my gosh, your hair looks so cute! What a busy coupe of weeks huh?? Very exciting though! Congrats on becoming a minivan mama :)

peterson said...

you guys always have so much fun! Your kids are growing up so fast. Thanks for doing the panda Bear.