Saturday, January 19, 2008

A few moments of joy

I realize I may vent to an awful lot of you about... "how many times do I have to clean up poop?" or "Olivia's being so fussy" or "I have the worst headache..." so to counteract all my murmuring here's a few brighter moments. Favorite moments of joy from my past week.... Saturday- playing tether ball and t-shirt weather in January Sunday- a big fat family nap Monday- Eating an entire buttermilk chocolate cake (In the words of gma woodlief, "it was divine") Tuesday- going to a kick butt class at the gym and coming home to dinner on the table and bread in the oven Wednesday- hearing kolby say his first prayer....oh so cute! Thursday- hearing kolby say his second prayer...."thankyou [for the] oatmeal" Friday- being prompted to check on olivia, and stopped her from choking on a small object Saturday- having my house professionally deep cleaned, many thanks to my mom-in-law

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

"it was divine"....i bet after eating that cake you were "calm as a cucumber". ohhh good ol grandma woodlief...:) she will be "pleased as punch" to hear you gave her a little shout out on your blog:)

Lindsey said...

ohh and go kolby on the prayer saying busniess:) what a champ.

Texasholly said...

Oooh, I need to come by and see the sparkling house!

Love your list!

Stef said...

i love it, great attitude, with all the crazy things we tend to forget all the good things that are mixed in!

Jessica said...

Sabrina, your kids are so cute! And it sounds like you've had a good week full of sweet memories. I'm glad Kolby still naps for you...it's a whole different world when he says, "mom, I don't nap anymore"...we're still coping here =) Well I have to share my new years resolution that I will not only remember, but acknowldge my friends and family's birthdays this year. Good luck picking some worthy goals for year 2008!

Unknown said...

I second the being thankful for oatmeal.... but seriously your son is saying prayers!! that is so cute!!!

Jessica Kettle said...

aww. presh. you saved Olivia from choking?! scary!

Ben and Summer said...

Wow, what a week! And what a great way to document all the precious moments - what ADORABLE little ones! I just started my own kick-butt class, and it's definitely kicking my behind - doesn't it feel good? I just realized I didn't comment after you did on our site, sorry, but we did check it out. Great blog! We are excited to keep in contact - we'll keep checking in. Yay for Kolby's prayers:)

The Bay A's said...

Sometimes it can be hard to remember the good times when there are so many pains and frustrations in between. No worries though it is the life of a parent and more specifically a mother!

We are all going to be in Houston the last week of June and would love to visit with you even if it is only for a short while. We will be there for Andre's family reunion so it would be a squeeze but a fun one!

Sachiyo said...

so...i heard that your mom is visiting! i'm so jealous. just thought that i would let you know. give everyone big loves from me! love you!

zippity-do-da said...

I've never heard a negative word out of you! You inspire me to be more positive.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.