Saturday, January 7, 2012

Finances, Education, Dating and Marriage...according to my children

Finances:

Kolby to Olivia: "If you wanna have a big house you'll probably need two jobs. Like a construction worker and a donut shop."

Kolby to Daniel: "If you come to my donut shop dad, I'll let you be for free!"

Me to Kolby: "I'll give you a ride to school for free, and pack your lunch for free, and make you dinner for free and..."

Daniel to Kolby: "I'll let you live in my house for free."

Kolby: "Wow that's a lot of free stuff! When I'm a contruction worker I'll build you a house for free too."


Education:

Daniel to Kolby: "Your teacher called Kolby and it turns out you gotta go to school on Saturday. Oh and you have to teach too."

Kolby: "What?!"

Me: "What would you teach, Kolby?

Kolby: "I would say, 'Go home! Have a nice weekend! Buh-bye!'"

Dating:

Kolby to Daniel: "Are you home from your date already?"
Daniel: "Nope Mommy's just putting Naomi to bed and then we're going back out."
Kolby: "That's because you like to kiss a lot!"
Babysitter: (blushing)

Marriage:

Kolby to Olivia: "My music teacher got married."
Olivia: "Did she kiss her boy?"
Kolby: "Well they got MARRIED!"
Olivia: "Gross I'm never kissing anyone!"
Kolby: "Mom and Dad kissed at their wedding"
Olivia: "Do you have to kiss 2 times?"
Kolby: "No, you dance and then you kiss one time and then you dance again and then you throw flowers and people give you presents. You'll like it. You can invite the cousins, and me. Maybe you should invite mom and dad too."
Me to Kolby: "Who are you gonna marry?"
Kolby: "Oh you don't know her."
Olivia: "Ya, you're gonna marry me!"
Kolby: "No, even when we are older, you'll always be my sister."
Olivia: "I'm not getting married"
Kolby: "Do want kids?"
Olivia: "yes"
Kolby: "Then you gotta get married."







5 comments:

Ryan and Brittany said...

Me and Ryan read this and were laughing our heads off the whole time! Your kids could make a movie "Out of the mouth of babes" and then you would make bank off of their hilarity. Seriously, you should think about it...

Dani said...

These are great! I need to start writing down what my kids say.

Dani said...

These are great! I need to start writing down what my kids say.

The Powells said...

Hilarious! I love reading the funny things that my friends kids say. I wish that our kids were friends :)

Vudochki said...

I think this is one of my favorite blog posts ever! SOOO CUTE!