Friday, September 21, 2012

the police are coming and daddy's going to jail!

Last Friday night was spent in a gas station parking lot listening to a woman yell and lie about crashing into my van. I started off being sweet and forgiving, despite the fact that the other driver was completely to blame. At one point the woman and Daniel began yelling at each other and she screamed that she wanted to call the police.
We said please do.
Then I looked over at Kolby who was balling.
He said, "the police are coming and daddy's going to jail!!!".
When all was said and done 2 hrs later, with no police present, the woman gave us cash and drove off.
I was feeling bitter towards the world in general.
Saturday night I helped my kids practice for the upcoming primary program.




ya, that got me singing a different tune.

I can always count on my kids to teach me what matters most.

2 comments:

Ty and Brandie said...

Sabrina, sorry to hear about your van. I had no idea. You'll have to fill me in on the details. I do love the reminder that we are trying to be like Jesus. It can be hard to do though on days such as those. You can always count on your kids. Poor Kolby though. I imagine he was scared.

Abby said...

I sure wish I could have seen your little episode of Cops! And those kids are soooo cute!