Friday, September 9, 2011

6

Dear Kolby- You turned 6 years old today!!!
It was the first birthday I didn't get to spend all day with you and the first birthday that daddy didn't get to see you at all. We still made the most of it though. Dad gave you the traditional donut, chocolate milk, and card on the breakfast table. Olivia and I met you for lunch at school and ate happy meals. You told me that you were so excited for us to come that you couldn't even sit still :)
The feeling was mutual I assure you. That afternoon Olivia and I came back to read to your class. I was so proud of what a good student you are. Then we spent the evening eating your favorite dinner "big chips" (chicken tostadas), baking cupcakes, and watching The Emperor's New Groove. I realized as I tucked you in that I hadn't explained that we'd open presents tomorrow at your party and when dad could be home. You just smiled and held on to your happy meal toy and told me how much you loved your new toy and how you had the best birthday ever! You really are the sweetest, kindest, smartest, 6 year old kid I know! You are so obedient, helpful, grateful, artistic, and best of all you are mine!!! love you kolbs! -mama

1 comment:

Ryan and Brittany said...

I can't believe he is 6! It went by sooo fast!