Tuesday, July 13, 2010

what started out as painting base boards...

turned into beadboard, moonlight paint, chairrail, crown moulding, custom swing shelves, new bedding, and some sailor gear:)
We finally finished kolby's room. These pics are mostly for my momma since she actually cares and can't see it in person. I am dumb and never remember to take before and after pics. It really looks completely different.
I'm so proud of my hubby for tackeling this project and for being man enough to get help from Mark and our awesome friend Cory when he needed it. We stayed up til 2 and 3am every night last week but it is totally worth it. We saw the shelves in Potterbarn and just happened to have white boards and rope in the garage so it was completely free. wooo-hoo. And...Daniel found this amazing night stand that weighs about 200lbs! It's made from Chinese fishing boats. too cool.
Kolby's room is also the guest room so if anyone wants to see this room in person please..."Be our Guest!"

8 comments:

Abby said...

It turned out awesome! I love it!

Darren and Brandi said...

Wow, that's impressive! Super cute! Good work!

Julie Barnes said...

WOW! The nightstand looks awesome. What a great job on the room!! I love it!

Ashley and Dave said...

love it. good job! makes me want to have a boy which is weird cause I am lovin havin girls :)

Unknown said...

I'm packing my bags and am on my way! It looks better than any bed and breakfast!

The Patterson's said...

Love it! Where did you find that nightstand?

Anonymous said...

So darn cute! You two should be professionals:) I just have no $$ or motivation at the moment--poor Isaac's room isn't even done yet!

Dianna said...

It Looks AWESOME!! I LOVE the shelves and that night stand ROCKS! Way to go!!! Tell Kolby Aunt Di LOVES his new room and can't wait to come be a "guest."